When it comes to your business’s monthly budget, you know the importance of increased operational efficiency and resource conservation. Many companies use some form of monitoring services to assess the performance of their systems, but few have the technology and resources to enable a proactive approach—resulting in costly emergency service calls. ENGIE Insight’s Comprehensive Facilities Management Service combines continuous monitoring and managed maintenance to fill this gap in the market, resulting in benefits that go far beyond lower energy bills.
Based on key results from our clients, ENGIE Insight has identified the top ten ways our comprehensive solution provides our clients with hidden value from their facilities:
1. Optimize Asset Performance
- The Approach: Continuously monitoring equipment ensures they’re running efficiently and providing you with the level of service you expect.
- The Impact: For a major women’s apparel retailer, ENGIE Insight identified 45 faulty HVAC systems running 80% of the time, rather than the standard 20-30%.
2. Enforce Corporate Standards
- The Approach: Maintaining consistent corporate set points and schedules across your portfolio allows you to standardize energy usage and costs.
- The Impact: By ensuring a 73-degree set point at each facility, ENGIE Insight saves one quick service restaurant $140,000 annually.
3. Reduce Recalled Work Orders
- The Approach: Centralized processes for dispatching vendors and reviewing work order histories ensure that service providers fix problems on their first visit.
- The Impact: In one case, cutting back on recalled orders saved a national convenience store $480,000 in a single year.
4. Avoid Costly Service Calls
- The Approach: Continuous monitoring leverages data from your Energy Management System (EMS), allowing for remote troubleshooting and resolution of identified issues.
- The Impact: By reducing service calls, ENGIE Insight saves a major retailer of agricultural and livestock products more than $300,000 yearly.
5. Enable Intelligent Dispatch
- The Approach: Ensuring that service providers have the right information at the right time helps them resolve issues more quickly and cost-effectively.
- The Impact: ENGIE Insight reduced one national convenience store’s issue resolution time by more than an hour.
6. Optimize Capital Investments
- The Approach: Access to standardized data about system performance helps prioritize underperforming assets for replacement to drive the greatest ROI.
- The Impact: More strategic capital expenditures saved another large convenience store $150,000 in one year.
7. Reduce Product Loss
- The Approach: Seeing system failures when they happen—or catching a problem before the failure occurs—allows an urgent response to critical issues to prevent loss.
- The Impact: A major retailer of agricultural and livestock products (with an average cost of $3,400 per loss) has experienced only a single food loss in three years.
8. Enhance the Customer Experience
- The Approach: Constant settings across all facilities means customers enjoy the same familiar experience whether they’re in Minneapolis or San Diego and allows staff to spend more time with customers.
- The Impact: A too-warm retail store requires a manager to coordinate with HVAC contractors an average of four times—time that can now be freed up for customer sales.
9. Increase Employee Productivity
- The Approach: Less time spent troubleshooting equipment issues or dealing with service providers means more time to serve customers.
- The Impact: On Black Friday, cross-portfolio set point changes at a major retailer reduced temperature complaints by 70%, allowing staff to better respond to the high sales volume.
10. Gain Site-Level Visibility
- The Approach: A centralized dashboard displaying site-level data helps you understand your portfolio at a single glance and manage overrides and variances by exception.
- The Impact: Facilities teams can immediately flag emergency issues requiring approval, so critical issues don’t get hidden under nuisance alarms.
To learn more about facility optimization, click here, then keep reading in 2017 as we explore proactive approaches to uncovering hidden value within your facility through our multi-part blog series.