Third annual report highlights client, environmental, employee and community impacts
Spokane, WA — April 20, 2016 — Ecova, a leading global energy and sustainability management company, today announced that it has published its 2015 Corporate Responsibility Report. It details the company’s impact on clients, the environment, employees and communities. The report also shows significant reductions in Ecova’s carbon footprint, important investments in new solutions and improved performance in climate change reporting.
2015 marks the third year of Ecova’s Corporate Responsibility Report. During the first two years, Ecova established the structure of the program, developed strategies that aligned with the business and set measurable goals. In 2015 Ecova put key initiatives into action across the organization.
“We are in the midst of major transformation in the way societies use energy and approach sustainability,” said Jana Schmidt, president and CEO of Ecova. “And as a company, we need to take the same advice we offer to our clients. That’s why we’re working to architect and influence our use of energy, carbon, water and waste through data, insight and action.”
Schmidt went on to say that as Ecova’s corporate responsibility program evolves, the company’s core principles have not changed. Corporate responsibility remains inextricably linked with its business model. Ecova embraces its own solutions to save resources and demonstrate its commitment to the company’s underlying values.
Ecova’s highlights from the 2015 report include:
- Identifying 27.8 million tons of carbon dioxide equivalents (tCO2e) of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission reductions for clients through comprehensive resource management programs over the past two years.
- Bolstering capabilities in building and data analytics by acquiring Boston-based Retroficiency and investing in TROVE Predictive Data Science.
- Reducing Ecova’s own carbon footprint by 27 percent from the 2012 baseline. This impact was realized through consolidating teams in single locations, giving employees in various roles the option to work from home, integrating efficiency measures across newly-renovated offices, reducing air travel and using video conferencing where possible.
- Responding to CDP’s 2015 Climate Change Questionnaire for the second year and, using the expertise and assistance of Ecova’s Carbon Consulting team, reporting a score of 95B. This score reflects strong performance in transparent climate change reporting and efforts to mitigate carbon-related impacts.
- Providing over 74,000 professional development hours to employees within two years through departmental, cross-functional and leadership training programs.
- Launching a new grassroots mentoring program, WoMentoring, which serves as an informal mentoring program designed to enhance leadership skills and opportunities for women across the organization.
- Volunteering nearly 7,800 hours in 2015 alone, bringing the program total to over 32,000 volunteer hours since 2012 when the volunteer day benefit was first instituted.
- Holding over 25 donation drives at local offices, collecting food, school supplies, warm clothes and household items for those in need in our communities.
“It’s important to our business that our vendors have a strong sense of corporate responsibility,” said Eric Dominguez, vice president of facilities, engineering & sustainability at Caesars Entertainment. “Ecova has demonstrated its commitment to the environment through the services it provides. Ecova’s Corporate Responsibility Report goes to the next step by illustrating its commitment to employees and communities, as well as its continued dedication to clients and the environment.”
Ecova provides energy and sustainability management services to 900 commercial and industrial companies across North America and the UK and has a client list that includes more than 25 percent of the Fortune 500. Ecova also works with over 50 utilities and energy efficiency leaders in the United States.
The full report, as well as a downloadable PDF, is available at ecova.com/responsibility.
Ecova makes businesses and utilities more successful through energy and sustainability management. Ecova blends data and technology, with people and insight, to drive powerful results. Using insights based on consumption, cost and carbon footprint data spanning thousands of utilities, and hundreds of thousands of business sites across North America and Europe, Ecova provides fully managed, technology-optimized solutions for saving resources, which in turn increase returns, lower risks and enhance reputations. Ecova is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ENGIE, a worldwide global energy player. For more information, visit the company’s website www.ecova.com, on LinkedIn, or follow Ecova on Twitter at @EcovaInc.